Shipware is passionate about helping high volume shippers retain quality while saving money. Our primary focus is to ensure our clients reduce shipping costs by utilizing industry-specific contract negotiating techniques, pricing expertise across all modes, sophisticated analytical and benchmarking tools, and the industrys most comprehensive audit software. 19 years of success and industry leadership earning 2018 INC 5000 and SDBJ Fastest Growing honors. Shipware is poised for growth given the development of disruptive technology and a solid business pipeline that is quickly expanding and have invested millions in technology, staff, new office space, process improvements and marketing.
We are seeking a Software Engineer (Mid to Senior Level) to join our team . This person will be part of our growing technology team and will work closely with business teams to enhance and modernize features of current systems and design and develop new software applications using modern web frameworks, cloud platforms, and DevOps/Automation tools. This position also includes maintenance to legacy Ruby and .NET platforms.
- Amazing Company Culture (4.9 out of 5 Stars on Glassdoor!)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Fully stocked breakroom
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Company Social Events
- Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Full Stack Development of current and future Shipware platforms
- Development of Software and DevOps scripts for automating report generation, workflows, and executing tasks.
- Enhance and modernize existing software modules and components.
- Work with Technical Leadership to grow development skills and take ownership of products and capabilities.
- Participate in team meetings, communicate regularly and effectively and share thoughts and ideas.
- Manage multiple deliverables and projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-6 years experience with custom web application development using modern web frameworks (e.g. Angular 2+, React, Node), .NET Core, C#, WCF and Windows Services.
- Experience using Microsoft Azure and/or other Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with DevOps ecosystem tools such as Docker, Ansible, and/or Terraform.
- Experience developing with Ruby.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Manage multiple deliverables, projects & associated team communication in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, must have the ability to analyze data, detect trends and errors and make needed corrections.
- Design, develop, and automate custom reports for our clients and our internal teams utilizing T-SQL
- Self-starter who can be productive and make progress while working independently and within a team.
- Strong desire and willingness to learn and take ownership.
- Logistics Industry knowledge a plus.
- Experience with web frameworks such as Handlebars and Highcharts a plus
- Flexibility - Support changing objectives, client needs and workload.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or other related Science/Engineering field.
Annual Salary: $100,000 - $120,000