Chatroulette.com |DevOps (Kubernetes, AWS), Backend (Scala), Frontend (ReasonML) | Zurich, Zug, Switzerland | SALARY: >130k CHF | ONSITE (no remote) | Swiss or EU member-states passport-holders ONLY
The website was featured on mass media (South Park, major television news etc.). It is a web app built around 2008 by (back-then) 17 years old Andrey Ternovskiy who wanted to talk to his friends on the internet.
The website hasn't really changed in 10 years but right now we are a small team (including Andrey) who are rebuilding it from scratch with Scala, ReasonML, AWS and other modern technologies.
Some of the technical challenges are:
- Remove anti social content from the website using machine learning based filtering on the frontend and the backend (in real time!).
- Allow the website to scale. (We still have many users.)
- Revamp the branding and keep the site clean.
Our interview process:
1) Phone screen with tech recruiter
2) Phone screen with our CTO
3) Onsite half a day with us