Please note this job is located in Vancouver, Calgary, or Winnipeg Canada. We provide relocation support.
Key Experience and Technologies
- Experience managing web and mobile applications
- Perform S/W architecture assessments and code reviews
- 5 - 10 years in a software development/architecture capacity
- 3-5 years in a management capacity
- Experience managing integration projects with external partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to take initiative, own processes and work collaboratively
- Positive mindset, enthusiasm, and energy
- GIS experience is preferred
Problems You Will Tackle at This Company
This position is ideal for a tech leader who wants to build and scale a tech team for a growing tech company. You will be a key decision-maker for the foundation and implementation of future technologies within the company. This recently funded company has both industry and customer traction and is well-positioned for fast growth.
This role will include:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams spanning product, design, customer success and leadership teams to execute product roadmap and ensure the quality of current products and services.
- Grow a development team as business and product requirements mature.
- On-board new hires and ensure productive working environments for the entire team.
- Own quality of code base from architecture to end-user.
- Ensure timely and smooth deployments of new features and bug fixes.
- Facilitate research and implementation of new technologies when beneficial for overall business outcomes
- Manage third-party service providers (AWS, etc)
- Represent the company in technical discussions with potential commercial and technology partners.
- Help develop and maintain software development cycles
- Ensure accurate development estimation times
- Remove blockers and help team deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Maintain best practices relating to security, code, and reviews
This is a scaling AGtech company that has the support of a number of large industry players and is well-positioned for fast growth.