Job Title: Data Engineer
Are you looking to work at a technology data company on the cutting edge? Would you like to be on the forefront of a fast changing and exciting industry? Become an integral part of our team focusing on data analytics, machine learning, and enterprise software development! You will work with a team of highly skilled professionals to build ground breaking applications and technologies.
· Create and maintain data pipelines and advanced analytics that capture data for reporting purposes using scripting languages such as Python
· Strong SQL and relational database experience
· Data and API Integrations with REST services
· Responsible for large data sets and maintaining mission critical data processing pipelines
· Create dashboards and data visualization along with monitor data management initiatives
· Ability to perform data architecture on our existing platform to drive forward an efficient, optimal, and streamlined system with data quality and architectural standards
· Knowledge of systems and best practices as it relates to SQL and NoSQL tools, database design, and efficiency.
· Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
· Ability to understand a broad spectrum of technical toolsets and devise mechanisms for data extraction
· Experience with data ingestion, processing, and storing large and diverse datasets
· Expert knowledge of Excel Functions, and reporting tools for Visualization and Analysis
· Strong ability to work well with development team and help implement solutions and results including assisting with setting data standards and best practices
· B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree and work experience
· 5+ years working as a data engineer including strong knowledge of Python
· Strong understanding of ETL processes
· Strong understanding and experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data: SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, etc.
· Strong understanding of data flow/management
· Strong communication skills
· Strong understanding of front end best practices, CSS3, HTML5.
· Ability to build a suite of tools to support machine learning development
· Experience in ReactJS
· Backend experience with PHP/Symfony
· Less/SASS experience
· Backend experience with PHP or other languages.
· Understanding of web servers such as Nginx/Apache
· Experience with REST API architecture.